Under the sponsorship of UNDP, Sustainable Energy Technology Training (SETT) programme which was co-hosted by National Research Council of Science & Technology (NST), ASEM SMEs Eco-Innovation Centre (ASEIC), Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER), Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute (KERI), and Korea Institute of Industrial Technology (KITECH) has opened on the morning of November 30th 2015 at Sheraton Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City. Mr. Vu Van Khiem, Director General of National Office in Southern Region, Ministry of Science and Technology had the opening speech. There were over 20 participants from 4 countries: Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Indonesia. This is an opportunity for Southeast Asia countries to discuss, learn and share insights and experiences on the development of sustainable energy technologies as well as to propose projects with international development donors, aiming to promote sustainable energy technologies suitable to each Southeast Asian nation.
Opening speech of Ass. Prof. Dr. Vu Van Khiem - Director General of National Office in Southern Region, Ministry of Science and Technology
During 3 days of the program, besides all presentations from delegations, participants will listen to Korean experts sharing knowledge of sustainable energy, green energy, to experts from non-governmental organizations such as UNDP, ADB and UNIDO on the participation of their energy projects.
Delegates of the Program
According to the International Energy Outlook report from U.S. Energy Information Administration, U.S. Department of Energy, by 2035, the level of global energy consumption will increase 53%. Towards the use of renewable energy sources is one way to help solve the problem of rising demand for energy worldwide. With the current energy demand, Vietnam is also facing the risk of energy shortages within the next decade. It said that this training program is really a useful initiative to share results and experiences in implementing projects on sustainable energy development which was implemented at Southeast Asia nations. Simultaneously, it also strengthens research collaboration to increase the likelihood of success when participating in international projects.
Source: National Office in Southern Region, Ministry of Science and Technology
Newer news items:
- Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality visited and had a meeting with National Office in Southern Region on implementing new phase of the protocol on “Technology Exchange” - 03/06/2016 07:30
- First New Year Meeting between National Office in Southern Region – MOST (SROMOST) and Korea Institute of Industrial Technology (KITECH) - 22/02/2016 02:36
Older news items:
- International Seminar about “Sharing Korean experiences on Geospatial Information Technology 2015” - 26/10/2015 01:20
- 2015 Korea-Vietnam Textile/Apparel Technology Seminar - 09/09/2015 07:43
- National Office in Southern Region (SROMOST) and the Korea experts had a work meeting at the People's Committee of Dong Nai Province - 08/08/2015 07:35